Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vintage Kitchens!

vintage
Modern Kitchen
I love the look of vintage kitchens. They always seem to have individual personalities. I especially like the idea of rescuing items from the past. There is a history in old objects, and I imagine what it must have been like in a kitchen in the 1940s or 50s or whenever the item was originally used. I also like collections. It is interesting to see what people like to collect. One person's junk is another person's treasure, and I think that makes collections special. That's what I find lacking in many kitchens in new houses or those whose owners try to fill their spaces with the latest trends. I am tired of seeing stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, islands etc. So many cookie cutter kitchens. If you watch House Hunters on HGTV you know what I mean. The houses all start to look the same, and if the Hunters don't see those trendy items in the kitchen, then the deal is off. That is so not me. I love walking into a house and seeing old pantries, or breakfast nooks, or some other feature that is unique and a bit quirky. There are endless possibilities to make a kitchen reflect your personality and your individual tastes. Vintage decorating can be done at a low cost, especially if you search flea markets, ebay, yard sales and thrift stores. It can be so much fun to find a new piece to add to your collection!


Apartment Therapy
 
Oregon Live


Cottage Home Decorating


                                                                                                                                                              The two pictures above are from Cynthia's Cottage Design. She has lots of beautiful pictures of vintage rooms and she also designs and creates amazing miniature home decor. I could spend hours on her blog.

Here are some pictures of  one of the best Before & After projects I have ever seen. These are from Meadowbrook Farm blog. This is a renovation of their old farmhouse. They did a fabulous job and I love the colors! I also love all the vintage kitchen accessories, linens & glass & bowls & plates....I just love it all!
Before


Meadowbrook Farm
 

Before



After         Meadowbrook Farm

  Here are two kitchens right out of the pages of 1950's House Beautiful Magazine!


 

The picture on the left is from 1957 & the one above is from 1951


Hope you enjoyed all the pictures of vintage kitchens and vintage inspired kitchens . Do you love the vintage look as much as I do? What vintage items do you have in your kitchen?

No comments:

Post a Comment