Saturday, December 10, 2011

Painted Chairs...the inexpensive solution to my dining room dilemma



via BHG.com
Since I don't have one extra cent to my name this holiday season, I am looking for cheap creative ways to get more seating around my dining room table. We are a family of 5 with only 3 real dining room chairs, which means 2 of us have to eat at the kitchen counter. Not exactly a very good way to have a  family meal. So I have decided to look at yard sales, craigslist and the dump (yes, you can find treasures at the dump) for wooden chairs in good condition. I am either going to paint them all the same color to make them look somehow coordinated, yet funky and visually interesting, or I will paint them different colors to highlight and celebrate diversity in design! Anyway, I started to surf through lots of design sites and online stores to get some ideas. I think the key to pulling it together and making mismatched chairs visually pleasing is to try to find similar styles and similar heights.


via HGTV.com
via The Decorologist




 
via BHG.com

    
vis chattafabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment